Have you installed Shotcut then created a project and not been able to play it back? Does it only open in Shotcut? If you export a video in Shotcut, this is how you create the correct format for playback on other devices, such as YouTube or through a media device.
Export Videos in Shotcut
- Open Shotcut and load your project
- Click onto Export and the left pane will bring up the Export options
- Select the presets you want to use
NOTE: Use the YouTube preset if you are unsure. This preset consists of standard settings and it generally quite a flexible option
- OPTIONAL: Select Advanced and edit the presets and options to your own requirements
- Click on Export File
- Navigate to the place you wish to save your file within the popup box, give it a name, and click Save
- On the left hand pane the ‘Jobs’ section will show you the progress of the video export in Shotcut. Depending on your chosen preset and video length this can take some time.
Now you know how to export your video in Shotcut you can create any amount of videos and play them back on any device, or upload them to a website. Just remember the .mlt files are project files which means they will only open in Shotcut so you can continue editing your video. So, a project file is not a compiled final version. Encoding is required which is performed when exporting the project, thus creating the main ‘final’ file.
And don’t worry, if you need to change your video, you can! Even after you have exported it. All you need to do is open the associated .mlt project in Shotcut, make your changes and then perform Export again. It is a time consuming process to export regularly, it is best to export once you certain it is the final version required.
Shotcut Website: https://shotcut.org/